The Andlinger Center for Energy and the Environment at Princeton University invites applications for the Gerhard R. Andlinger Visiting Fellows Program, with start dates as early as February 2020. The visiting fellows program at the Andlinger Center for Energy and the Environment is designed to attract distinguished visitors who will enrich the research and teaching missions of the Andlinger Center.
Applicants must propose a set of activities designed to enrich teaching and research at the Andlinger Center that go beyond contributing to the visiting fellow’s career development, research, teaching, or advancing a collaborator’s research. Examples include:
- Collaboration with one or more Andlinger Center associated faculty and/or research staff members on topics that are aligned with the mission of the Andlinger Center.
- The visiting fellow may guest lecture or teach an Andlinger Center energy studies (ENE) or ENE-cross-listed course, with the goal of having the course material absorbed into a permanent ENE or ENE-cross-listed course ensuring sustained benefit for Princeton students.
- The visiting fellow presents a series of talks on areas of interest to a broad spectrum of Andlinger Center associated faculty, research staff and students, or organizes workshops, through which the visitor helps augment the conversation around one of the Andlinger Center’s research thrusts:
- built environment, transportation + infrastructure;
- electricity production, transmission + storage;
- fuels + chemicals;
- environmental sensing + remediation;
- decision + behavioral science, policy + economics.
- While visiting fellows are not required to teach, a visiting fellow may teach an approved course in their area of expertise or guest lecture in Andlinger Center courses or cross-listed undergraduate and graduate courses taught by Princeton faculty.
Applicants with expertise in the energy and environmental sectors, from a variety of backgrounds, including industry, government, academia, or non-governmental organizations, are encouraged to apply.
Applicants are encouraged to apply here before October 15, 2019.