2020 Annual Meeting
Friday, October 30, 2020
Welcome and Keynote Speech
10:30 a.m. EST
Z. Jason Ren – Acting Center Director and Associate Director for Research; Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering and the Andlinger Center for Energy and the Environment, Princeton University
Andrea J. Goldsmith – Dean, School of Engineering and Applied Science; Arthur LeGrand Doty Professor of Electrical Engineering, Princeton University
The Honorable Elizabeth Sherwood-Randall – Former Deputy Secretary, U.S. Department of Energy; Distinguished Professor of the Practice, Georgia Institute of Technology; Senior Fellow, Belfer Center, Harvard Kennedy School
Panel: Security challenges for a grid in transition
Panelists will explore how the evolution of the traditional electro-mechanical electric grid to a cyber-enabled smart grid brings with it many security challenges, as an increased reliance on cyber infrastructure creates vulnerabilities to a wide range of cyber-enabled attacks. This panel brings together experts to discuss these challenges and potential solutions.
H. Vincent Poor – Moderator, Michael Henry Strater University Professor of Electrical Engineering, Princeton University
- Anuradha Annaswamy – Founder and Director of the Active-Adaptive Control Laboratory, Department of Mechanical Engineering, MIT
- Prateek Mittal – Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering, Princeton University
- David Nicol – Director of the Information Trust Institute and Herman M. Dieckamp Endowed Chair in Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Martin Otto – Head of Cybersecurity Research Group, Siemens Corporate Technology
Leading the way to a 100% clean electricity system: A conversation with electric utility CEOs
In the last two years, states and electric utilities across the country have enacted legislation, executive orders, and company commitments to build a 100% clean electricity system by 2050 or sooner. Given the long-lived nature of utility-sector investments, 2050 is practically the day after tomorrow, and key decisions must be made today that will shape the path ahead. In this conversation, key executives leading the way to a 100% clean electricity future will discuss the challenges they face, the decision-making process that led them to embrace decarbonization goals, and their interactions with state and federal policy making.
Jesse Jenkins – Moderator, Assistant Professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering and the Andlinger Center for Energy and the Environment, Princeton University
- Ben Fowke – Chairman and CEO, Xcel Energy
- Ralph Izzo– Chairman, President and CEO, PSEG
- Gil Quiniones – President and CEO, New York Power Authority
Research Presentations and Engagement
Download the PDF version here.