DEADLINE EXTENDED: The Peter B. Lewis Fund for Student Innovation in Energy and the Environment is available to undergraduate students to support summer research projects in areas related to the Andlinger Center for Energy and the Environment (ACEE), particularly for field work and laboratory research. The deadline for summer 2012 has been extended to April 16th. If approved, current freshmen, sophomores, or juniors will receive a $4,000 stipend for eight weeks of summer research and up to $4,000 for research related expenses. Each applicant must recruit a Princeton faculty member to supervise and host the student in his/her lab.
Recipients of funds under this program will be required to do the following:
- secure the endorsement and supervision of a faculty adviser;
- account for the use of funds received for research related expenses and return any unused funds;
- submit a final research report to the ACEE no later than September 15, 2012; and
- provide acknowledgment to the supporting donor in the report and in any subsequent publication based on the research performed.
Please submit electronically to email@example.com the following items by the end of the day on
April 2, 2012 April 16, 2012:
- a completed application form, including your adviser’s endorsement;
- a proposal of no more than two pages that describes your project, clearly identifies its applicability to the ACEE mission of providing technical solutions to ensure our environmental future, and provides a detailed budget for research related expenses (up to $4,000) if requested.
Incomplete funding applications will not be considered. Notification of awards will be made by April 27, 2012. Applications for on-campus summer housing must be submitted by April 16, 2012, and housing room draw is April 27, 2012. If you will seek summer housing, we encourage you to proceed with that process since this is your own responsibility. We intend to give notice before April 27 so recipients will know their status before that commitment is to be made.