Volunteers needed – 14th Annual Young Women’s Conference in S.T.E.M.
Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory (PPPL) is hosting its 14th Annual Young Women’s Conference in S.T.E.M. on Thursday, March 19, 2015 from 9AM until 2PM on Princeton University’s main campus. The Young Women’s Conference aims to both expose young women to the wide variety of scientific occupations available to them and encourage them to pursue the education and careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. We do this through interactive exhibits and presentations given by scientists and engineers, most of whom are female. We need volunteers on March 19 from around 7:30 AM to 2:00 PM, mostly in Frick. Please join us for an exciting day of inspiring young girls in the sciences!
Here are some of the possible roles:
- Group Leader (spend the day escorting your group to various places)
- Lab Tour Escort (groups are broken down and you will escort yours to labs and bring them back to their next session)
- Bus/Traffic Flow (we will need groups guides from Frick to Dillon Gym and from Richardson Hall to the parking lot where buses await)
- PPPL Exhibit Table (our table of science education demos)
- Lunch assistant (assist students with lunch selection, seating, etc.)
- Registration assistant (assist with checking groups in upon arrival)
- Exhibitor assistance (assist our exhibitors & speakers with any needs that may arise)
- Before YWC help (stuff folders, stuff bags, set-up event space)
Please sign up to volunteer here: http://goo.gl/forms/erycYiKWJB